Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah & Happy Holidays

What a BEAUTIFUL day! The sun is shining, fresh snow on the ground, and Guitar Hero playing in the background!

We got home around midnight last night...we drove about an hour SW out to the in-laws for Christmas Eve (who made a vegetarian entree, so I won't go off on a tangent, I promise) and the kids along with my husband and I were SPOILED! Money, gift cards, iPod docking stations, Nintendo DS games, portable CD players, Hannah Montana everything, Chicago Bears EVERYTHING (the dh and ds have whole new Bears wardrobes). The ds's family is amazing and have so made me a part of their family. I am honored to carry their last name. They truly are amazing.

I had most of the presents wrapped, but dh and I always save some. We have a ritual, every Christmas Eve we put the kids to bed and then we wrap the last of the presents while we watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and hang out. This is our 8th year together...(amazing because 18 doesnt seem like it was that long ago, lol). I think we got to sleep a little after 2 and 7 am came BRIGHT AND EARLY! The kids were in awe coming down the stairs. I loved watching their little faces light up (even though ds knows there is no santa, he didnt ruin it for his sisters). They went through all the presents except for a group that was separate marked "family." I took one of the presents aside and let ds and dd open it together, and seconds later, screaming ensued. They never expected that they would get a Wii so their shock made every bit of penny pinching worth it. I feel so blessed to be in a position where we can provide for the kids, give them presents like that, and that the dh and I are both working (espeically that I can work from home). I know that so many families have had a rough year and don't get me wrong, we had our setbacks as well, documented here, so I wish everyone a heartfelt HAPPY HOLIDAY to you and yours!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guitar hero, eh? I actually recently purchased Rock Band, and I'm seriously hooked on it.

-Rich
eHow, Community Manager