Tuesday, December 23, 2008

They Grow So Fast!


I was reading a blog today about a mom who was going through old photos and how nostalgic it made her, so I couldn't help myself and did the same thing. This is a picture of Naya and I back in 2005 when she was the same age as...ELLA! Unbelievable if you ask me. I don't remember my little girl growing up this fast. I mean this is the same girl who was playing SingStar with me today and singing right along and dancing and beating MY score! She has her own thoughts, her own opinions, her own ideas. She can think independently and knows what she likes and makes it clear to anyone within ear shot what she doesn't like. (She is sure to give me a regular talk about why "Miley Cyrus" is better than "Hannah Montana"). It makes me think because soon Ella will be an independent thinker and like Lanaya won't "need" me anymore. Don't get me wrong, the thought of no longer changing diapers does not make me sad; however, the thought of my last little girl not being a baby anymore is more than I can bear. At the same time, I think of the day when I have all 3 kids in school full-time. I am fairly sure I will be throwing a huge par-tay!


*On a totally random note, why is it I always second guess myself when spelling the word "bear" other than when I am describing the animal, (a Grizzly Bear) or being naked (bare)?? Oh well, I suppose that is why I was poly sci major and not an English major.

0 comments: