Friday, July 25, 2008

Taking Surveys Online--The Real Deal

I have been doing surveys online for about 4 or 5 years. The first site I ever found to take surveys I paid 34.99 to join. LUCKILY, I did my homework and found plenty of info on it that didn't require having to pay, so I asked for a refund and got it. You should NEVER have to pay any money for anything.

So, here is the deal on surveys. You are NOT going to get rich. Yes, you might average 30 bucks an hour, but that is because you took one survey that paid 5 bucks and only took 10 minutes to take. You are not going to be taking surveys for 8 hours a day. Lots of times I get the survey but I don't qualify to complete it. I would say, in a really good month, I might make about 150-200 dollars. Usually, it is probably an extra 50-75 or so. It really just depends. Here is how it works:

1. You go to the company's website and register (they are going to ask for an email address to send the surveys, I recommend setting up a gmail just for this)

2. The survey comes to your inbox, you answer the screening questions and if you qualify you proceed.

3. You are awarded your "payment" in about 6-8 weeks and in order to get it you have to go to your account and cash out. Sometimes payment is in the form of an amazon.com gift card, or in points you can redeem for products, cash, or gift cards. Or it is cash. I like all three.

Another thing that happens often, you are asked to product test. After the survey is complete the company may ask you to test their product. I had a frozen meal sent to me overnight ups yesterday and I cant say what it was, but it was SO GOOD! Hopefully my feedback will help put it on the market. I also tested baby wipes last month and got an awesome new OPI nailpolish called Nics Sticks. There are all kinds of things. It doesnt happen every day, but probably once a month or a little more for me.

The following is a list of companies I take surveys from that I know pay and that I trust. Some of the links are general, some are my referral link, (just to keep it honest!).

Survey Spot (probably my favorite)

Survey Savvy (another favorite)

The Socratic Forum

Opinion Outpost

My Survey



These are my favorite companies. There are a lot more, trust me. But I do not really use them and a lot of them have you fill out 20 minutes surveys with the only reward being a sweepstakes entry. I don't have time for that! If you want to see a more comprehensive list of companies, you can check out a cool website called volition.com.

Again, if you want to make some easy money, (NOT millions) this is a good way to do it. Just remember to set up a separate email address!

0 comments: