Thursday, July 24, 2008

Yes, I work from home. Yes, it's a "REAL" job.

So, I am a work at home mom. I have a real job, with a real company, that allows me to work remotely from my "home office" (does your office have a litterbox in it??). I love the freedom it allows, the money it saves, and the time I have with my 3 children at home. Everytime people hear that I work from home I get one of a few reactions--excitment, incredulity, disbelief, and sometimes a little bit of jealousy.

What I hope to do here is provide people with LEGITIMATE, LEGAL, REAL, ACTUAL, ways to make money or work from home that I have nothing to do with. There are so many scams out there and it is so hard to find websites to really find out information. I want to make a one-stop shop here for websites, job leads, surveys, all KINDS of stuff. I am also totally frugal, so get ready for some of my money-saving tips! Oh--and I get free samples all the time. My husband, mail lady and neighbors all think I am crazy--BUT--in the last week I got 2 tubes of toothpaste, a new razor, 3 deoderants, 2 body washes, Cheerios, a diaper, and tampons...for free. So, call me crazy, but now I actually enjoy checking the mail! :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Actually, my office DOES have a litter box in it (and child at my feet). I work at home too. You are right about the reactions you get from others when you say you work at home. I was most amazed by my husband's attitude toward it. I would hear him tell others that I stayed at home and I had to remind him constantly that I have a job (not even a contractor job, but one that withholds taxes.) I think his greatest denial was because I don't make as much as I did out of home (not including costs; daycare, transportation, etc., which makes the take home pay fairly close.) However, I think he has finally accepted that I do work.

Sorry for such a long comment. Your post obviously triggered a "me too" reaction in me!

Eli said...

LOL! And I thought I was the only one with a litterbox in my office! I hate hearing I "stay at home." I WISH it was that easy!! Loved the comment; it is never to long when you are commiserating!