Saturday, December 20, 2008

Family Xmas

I am getting ready to go to the dreaded family xmas party...which is probably why I am blogging instead of getting dressed and the dh is rolling his eyes at me. Seriously, every year I hate going more and more. I know I shouldnt be putting my family on blast like this, but most of my aunts all gossip about each other and all of each others kids (my cousins), the cousins are always fighting with someone else, there is just always some sort of drama. The dh's family is so normal it's scary. They are all nice and loving and fun, none of the back biting like in my family. Seems like every year my huge Italian fam just gets worse and worse (with the exception of a few people I am close with). If you read My So-Called Blog you would already know how I got bitch slapped on Myspace by one of my cousins last week. So to try to ease the holiday trauma one of my BFs came over last night with a bottle of Raspberry Smirnoff and a Singstar game. If you dont know what Singstar is, you dont know what youre missing! It is a karoke game for PS2 and PS3 and you sing along with the song while the video is playing, it is seriously sick. So the BF and I are celebrating the beginning of winter break (she's a teacher...trust me, when you thought your 3rd teacher wasn't cool, she probably was). By midnight we're singing "I Wanna Sex You Up" by Color Me Badd at the top of our lungs and taking shots. I am still amazed we didn't wake anyone up. This continued til 430am when we finally lost our voices and passed out. Let me just say for as much fun as it was, I am paying for it today in the form of a killer headache that vicodin probably couldnt even alleviate. Merry Christmas!

0 comments: